Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Del.icio.us, Technorati & Thoughts on Web 2.0

Schultz and Stephens offer interesting thoughts on Library 2.0. Basically I agree. As with all industry, trends will come and go--we must be prepared to go with the flow. I particularly like the recognition of the human aspect of libraries--we must never lose sight of this. Schultz suggests adding a "Library is Human" segment to the training, focusing on library as a center of learning with 2.0 as a guide for gathering and sharing information.


Del.icio.us is a simple way to bookmark favorite sites--it's an easier process. A real time-saver (once I got the hang of it!).


I liked Technorati and found the search for Learning 2.0 enlightening--apparently this is a wide-spread phenomenon. I found a blog from a librarian in Austraila whose thoughts closely mirrored mine!


The tops blogs and favorites were what I expected--techie and Boing, Bonig! Top favorites--Brittany Spears and the like. Why does this not surprise me?!?

No comments: